National Dairy Development Board of Mongolia
National Dairy Development Board of Mongolia (NDDB) is part of the project as a local partner.
NDDB is a non-governmental organization initiated and set up by associations, researchers, and experts in dairy sector.
The main objectives are to support development of Mongolian dairy sector, to create an integrated system, to represent national industry, to strengthen mutually beneficial cooperation of government and non-governmental organizations, enterprises and individuals in the track assembly of milk production, to express and protect members’ common interest and to become independent public organization.
Responsibilities and function
- To reflect industry representatives’ proposals in the legislations and policy documents that related to the dairy industries, to promote and disseminate laws, rules, regulations and guidelines to members and public
- To solve problems in dairy sector, to cooperate with state authority in charge of agricultural issue, foreign and domestic institutional representatives about development policy
- To provide information and advices about network of value-added dairy to related enterprises, participating organizations, individual and members in dairy industry
- To cooperate with training and research institutes in dairy industry and to organize meeting, training, consultation and to do research and support them
- To extend cooperation and foreign affairs of dairy industry and to direct, to implement projects and programs
- To coordinate activities of professional associations to develop dairy industry
- To represent Mongolia in International Dairy Federation, to translate information and to spread it
- To create facility of training materials, information, research and legal documents that related to dairy industry, to make regular publications
- To promote the appropriate public use of milk and dairy product, to organize training and promotion with organization in dairy industry
- To run and organize professional council to increase animal productivity, soil conservation, forage production, food safety and animal health.
- To make professional evaluations on policy implementation of dairy industry to initiate guidance /amendments/ and related innovations, to introduce it to decision makers to make a decision.
- Other activities according to objectives